In the global landscape of digital scams, South Africa occupies a sobering position as the 31st worst-affected nation. With the world embracing the digital realm more fervently than ever before, online financial transactions have emerged as the new standard.
It has never been more critical to maintain our vigilance when transacting online.
Scams and fraudulent schemes are on the rise and evolving in sophistication. We are committed to empowering investors to identify and avoid schemes or ploys designed to trick you out of your money. Essentially, to empower you so you can avoid falling for digital scams.
Here are some important tips to help you stay alert and protect your personal information online:
Protecting Your Information
- Ensure your passwords are strong. Use more than eight characters, and also use a combination of upper and lowercase letters, as well as special characters such as &, # or @.
- Use a different password for every website you transact on. That way, if a particular website is hacked, criminals won’t gain access to all of your passwords.
- Using Two-Factor Authentication, across two devices, gives you an added layer of protection. We really encourage you to enable your 2FA on your SatrixNOW account.
- Always ‘Log Out’ of a website when you’ve completed your transaction.
- Only perform financial transactions on a safe and secure Wi-Fi – don’t use public Wi-Fi for this purpose.
- Keep your software up to date.
- Be very careful about what information you share, and where you share it. Potential fraudsters can learn a lot about you from your social pages if you overshare. If in doubt, rather don’t share the information.
Satrix will never do anything to compromise your information or your safety online. Below are some points to keep in mind and ensure you really are dealing with us!
Always Ensure You Are Dealing With Satrix (And Not An Impersonator)
Satrix will never request your username or password from you.
Satrix does not have representatives or salespeople that reach out to solicit ‘investments’. SatrixNOW has a help centre with agents that will assist investors with any queries they may have. They do not reach out to people to ask them to invest. They also do not make use of WhatsApp or Facebook groups to solicit investments from you.
Satrix will not instruct you on what to invest in, nor make investments on your behalf. The SatrixNOW platform is designed for investors to DIY (do it yourself). Investors have full sight of the investments they make. They will need to register an account and make a deposit into the account themselves, and then choose the investments for themselves. As an investor, you will have sight of the entire process from start to finish.
We will show you our bank accounts once you’ve registered an account and have been verified. Log into your SatrixNOW account and select “deposits” from the menu button. You will see all our banking details under “Select one of our bank accounts”. If at any point someone provides you with banking details that don’t appear on this list, that account doesn’t belong to us, which is a red flag.
Satrix does not promise or guarantee you rates of return. Guarantees are not how investments work, as a principle. Past performance on an investment does not indicate future returns, although we may highlight performance as a guide. In any investment, there’s a measure of risk in that we cannot see into the future and say, for certain, how an investment will perform. Make sure to do your research on an investment before choosing it.
Satrix Investments (Pty) Ltd is an approved FSP in terms of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act (FAIS). The information does not constitute advice as contemplated in FAIS. Use or rely on this information at your own risk. Consult your Financial Adviser before making an investment decision. Satrix Managers is a registered Manager in terms of the Collective Investment Schemes Control Act, 2002.
While every effort has been made to ensure the reasonableness and accuracy of the information contained in this document (“the information”), the FSPs, their shareholders, subsidiaries, clients, agents, officers and employees do not make any representations or warranties regarding the accuracy or suitability of the information and shall not be held responsible and disclaim all liability for any loss, liability and damage whatsoever suffered as a result of or which may be attributable, directly or indirectly, to any use of or reliance upon the information.